Participate in the Competition
The call for submissions is CLOSED
You should submit three items, as well as some basic information:
– a statement of motivation: this should state clearly the category for which you apply and explain briefly why you think the participation will be beneficial for you, your research and your career, and your host organisation (if relevant). At most 350 words are requested;
– optional: one letter of recommendation – this should be from a highly qualified scientist who is either in a supervisory role in your project or who is a leading scholar in the field and sufficiently knowledgeable about you. At most this should be one page and contain the formal letterhead of the organisation of the person signing the letter. Please ensure the letter of recommendation is specific for you and for this prize;
– your current CV (maximum 3 pages).
These items plus a limited amount of personal information is all that is requested from you.
We also require the following outline information to be confirmed by you:
– your full name and email to be used from now until May 2017 for contact;
– your current affiliation and organisational address including country;
– your gender;
– telephone number where you can be contacted (preferably a mobile number);
– the reference number and title of your grant agreement and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action under which it is funded, if relevant (current or past).
You are required to send these back to the mail box [email protected].
If you require any further information please contact the mail [email protected] .
You will find a checklist-proforma at the end of this letter to help you complete the information and your application.
You need to send all parts (in one bulk) of your application to the organisers ([email protected] ) by Sunday, 19th March 2017, 12.00 (noon) CET.
The organisers will make recommendations to the Jury in the week of 20th March 2017.
Below is an indicative calendar:
- Call for applications closes on 19th March 2017 at noon (CET)- Deadline for submission of nominations;
- 20th March – 9th April 2017: Individual assessment by members of the Jury (hyperlink jury);
- Mid-April 2017: Consensus and selection of winners (by conference call), notification of winners and request for information by the shortlisted submissions for participation in a poster exhibition;
- 11th May 2017: Awards ceremony
- Note: If you are not contacted by the 5 April, unfortunately you are not shortlisted for the final award evaluation.
Please note that only the winners and the 10 shortlisted submissions for each category will be notified. The winners will have their travel and accommodation offered by the Maltese EU Presidency, and will receive a certificate. The shortlisted submissions will be asked to provide further information to be included in a poster exhibition as part of the conference.
We wish you success with your application!
Summary of actions on your part
- Decide if you can meet the selection criterion:
Are you or have you been a M(S)CA fellow in FP7 or Horizon 2020?
Are you available to attend the MSCA 2017 Malta conference on 11th and 12th May 2017?
- Select the prize for which you are applying.
- Draft your motivational letter:
Can you show above average achievements of performance? Please make sure to address each criterion of your category in your letter. Your letter should be maximum 350 words. Please bear in mind that this is a multidisciplinary contest, so avoid using technical wordings that would make it difficult for the jury…
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovativeness of the business idea
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Measureable output (e.g. spin-off creation, patent applications or granted patents, exploitation of products or processes based on the research results)
- Effectiveness of outreach to the general public
- Coverage in mainstream media (e.g. published articles and/or interviews)
- Innovative/creative approach
Contribution to a better society
- Innovation of the idea
- Gained awards/credit for such activities
- Acted as an ‘ambassador’, ‘role model’ for a better society
Please make sure to demonstrate that all those achievements were conducted during your M(S)CA fellowship or as a result of this fellowship.
Optional: you may attach one recommendation letter from a peer/supervisor that could demonstrate how you fulfil the selection criteria of your prize category.
- Attach a recent CV
- Fill in the form available here
 This information will be ONLY used for the purposes of this exercise, and will only be communicated to the Maltese Presidency organisers, and the European Commission, in accordance with EU Data Protection requirements as defined by Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data